Saturday, April 5, 2014

Chapter 6: Every beginning has an end


This Chapter is in David's POV!




Looking at Casey and taking in her beauty was probably one of the things I had done way too much, it was my guilty pleasure.The night was almost over as daylight was breaking through the night sky and her fruity scented perfume was infiltrating my nostrils and making me yearn for her kiss but instead she just sat there touching my nose as if it was a button on an arcade machine. "Talk. Tell me what's on your mind babe." 
Her blonde hair was laying up against her chest and accenting her beautiful brown skin complexion.She had a beauty within that I just couldn't deny and it radiated into the atmosphere. She didn't want me for my money and she didn't give a damn about my reputation. She loves me as I am and that's the thing about her that I just couldn't get over. I also couldn't get over the fact that she was invading my personal space right now, God why was she such a pain in the ass sometimes?

"Agh! Stop it Case!" (Casey's nickname) I let out a sigh of frustration and shook my head back and forth viciously. I could feel Casey's warm hand on my shoulder and it made me feel somewhat comforted.  Although we were here in my room face to face I felt distance between us, she was out of reach and in another place. Casey got up and walked behind me in a teasing manner, she placed her hands on my shoulders and bent forward until both of our faces were nearly touching.

We were so close but yet so far away. This distance from within us was killing me. "Why are you acting like this?" I said while looking into her eyes. I perched out my lips as if I was asking her for a kiss but she still didn't get the hint.

Casey mumbled something under her breath that I couldn't understand and she stood up with so much speed she almost knocked me over. This distance was killing me inside. Cupid wasn't holding an arrow, he was holding daggers and throwing them at my heart. Why do we fall so hard only to have your heart fall just as hard when things went awry in your relationship?

It felt like someone was throwing ice cubes at me, cold hard blocks of solidified water that once ran freely like the blood within our veins. "What's gotten into you? You haven't even kissed me the whole time you've been here...You're acting strange..And what's up with those damn extensions you know I hate that shit." I told her, had she really been oblivious to her odd behavior? She was being cold,very cold she knew I hated those stupid extensions all the girls were into now. I thought she was lovely when she was just herself, but I didn't know who she was right now. She was the winter solstice, ice cold with fierce piercing cold winds and snow escaping from within her mouth.

"What do you mean? Why are you grabbing my arm? All I did was ask you what's on your mind and now your having an episode and complaining about my hair..Calm down." She said in a cold tone, had I been  too demanding? Growing weak inside, I felt the earth shake underneath me, I had fallen to the ground and she proceeded to do so also.

I felt her warm skin hug my body and could feel the vibration from the beat of her heart on the middle of my back. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong...I feel it...I know something happened but I don't know what...."she said gently as I felt her cheeks get warm on my shoulder,she was blushing."It's really nothing..Just stress" I said as I let out a sigh and began to rise up and walk behind her, she stood up also and I wrapped my arms around her stomach, making her body meet mine as if I were the moon and she were a planet, and my gravity was affecting her,she couldn't escape me.

"There's some things a guy just can't tell the world.....But I can tell you that I want to kiss you right now", I said suggestively. There was a silence that swiftly filled the room and violently wrapped around my body as if someone was trying to tie a rope around me.

Casey looked at me with her deep blue eyes that seemed to be turning into thick circles of shiny glass, she was tearing up but she wasn't letting her tears fall. She had an angry look on her face but I knew how she really felt. "What can't you tell me? I'm your girlfriend of 5 years and you can't tell me stuff...Why are we even together then?" she asked and I couldn't speak. My heart sunk into my stomach, it was as if she had no regard for my feelings, I was facing my biggest fear....Losing her.

I put my other hand on her side and turned her around as I leaned my face in closer to hers while reaching my hand out to touch her gentle face. We were both looking each other in the eye, the gateway to our souls and an intense feeling took my breath away, it was like I was in another entity. "Don't you ever say THAT again I-", just as I was mid sentence my doorbell had rung. "Hold on", I whispered.

I left my room, walked around the hallway and walked out into the open, forgetting my parents had a glass door installed last month because apparently it was more welcoming to visitors. I looked out the door and saw Melody standing there with the sunlight bouncing off of her fair skin, I began wincing and shielding my eyes. Daylight had arrived sooner than I expected it to and it was unavoidable.

It felt as if the ground beneath me was shaking, the room was spinning and my cheeks were flushing. It was too late before I was standing straight, dead on in front of the glass. I was nearly naked and vulnerable. "Um..The door is open...Let me get a shirt..You can come in though", I said quickly as I walked away from the door as fast as I could.

The door opened and Melody let herself in, she sat down on the couch and looked around my house like most people did the first time they came over my house. Melody had only seen my basement last night, now she was seeing the best part,the place every one loved and the place everyone hated. 

I walked down the hallway and placed my hand on the door handle while I twisted it, and opened it and shut it instantly after I walked in. "Someone's here...Wait  here for a few minutes and I'll be back okay", I said as fast as possible.

Casey eyed me up and down and twisted her face at me."What's wrong with you? Why are you being so secretive? You have 5 minutes to talk to who ever is out there otherwise I will come out of this room and talk to them myself"; She said sternly and I knew she was dead serious, she never lied. I just hoped I could be fast enough and get Melody to leave as soon as possible.

The aroma of fresh porcelain and grout filled my nostrils as I walked into my bathroom, my parents were always having some room in the house renovated when they grew tired of the way it looked. I threw on a black tank top and didn't bother to put any pants on. I stood there for a moment examining my self in the crystal clear spotless mirror. Had I changed lately? I felt different inside and I didn't know why, perhaps it was the new cleaner the maid was using around the house, it definitely couldn't have been me, could it?

As I walked back into my living room I noticed Melody was standing near my back door looking at my back yard. She probably hadn't seen anything like that before. A lush hot tub, a nice pool with a nice wooden base on the floor surrounding it , a diving board made from a famous artisan in China, and everything else including the beautiful flowers my parents had planted. I knew she wasn't poor but she wasn't rich either, not that I cared but it was obvious she was out of her element, she was a kid in a candy store.

"You know that if you take a picture it will last longer?" I said jokingly without realizing how conceited I might have sounded. Once again I was the center of attention, everyone loved my house sometimes more than I did.

Melody jumped a little as  she heard my voice and proceeded to turn around and face me. "You know I don't like upscale, grand things, I'm a simple person, I'm far from materialistic, in fact I find your house a little overrated...I mean sure it is pretty but it's not all that." She said in a cold manner; There was no pleasing this girl, was there? I could tell she was the kind of person that had no mind for herself, always looking for confirmation of what society thought was 'correct' , it sickened me. Why did I kiss her that night? Of all people, SHE reminded me of my girlfriend that night...HOW?

"Well sure just go ahead and make the 'spoiled, bratty, rich kid' feel bad about living in a nice house even though his parents donate to various charities EVERY week because, he sure deserves to feel like shit just because he's rich." I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes and threw my hands up in the air. Melody really didn't know anything about me or my family's name and it annoyed the fuck out of me that she stereotyped me all the time.

She broke eye contact with me after I said that. It was obvious she felt stupid and I had no sympathy for her because she deserved to feel that way for being so judgmental towards me. "Look I didn't mean to be bitchy and ridicule you ...I didn't even come here for this...I just wanted to make sure my sister was okay and know if she was coming to school today or not"; She said while keeping her eyes away from mine.

"Your apology is somewhat accepted....Your sister is fine she just doesn't want to get up now...She's still in the basement sleeping and probably won't be bothered with going to school..."
 I said indifferently. Why was I wasting time anyways? The longer I made Casey wait the more angry she would get and probably come out here.

Melody began smiling and said "Well..I'm glad to hear all that...I should've known she wasn't going to attend school today...And for the record I'm really sorry about you misunderstanding what I said." 

Did she seriously just say that to me? She really was acting like a blonde, oblivious to the world around her the people in it. "Look...I think you should just go now,we clearly will never see eye to eye and it's best you just leave now", I said coldly  as I let out a sigh afterwards. Not too soon after I said that Melody looked at me as if she was in shock but she shrugged her shoulders and proceeded to the door upon where she had entered and left the same way, in awe.

Before I had realized it I turned around and saw that Casey was standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall leading to the living room. "So....It's her?" She said in a mischievous manner. Oh God how long has she been standing there?

"What do you mean?!?!?" I said frantically. I really needed to tell her alot of things but I just couldn't, I wanted to so badly but I physically couldn't do it. I knew Casey would always forgive me no matter even if I fucked up because, she always did but for some reason this time I was too scared to removed the invisible tape from my mouth that was holding me back.

Casey eyed me up and down in a somewhat flirtatious manner that was rather intimidating. "You know what I'm talking about David, I'm not saying anything else until you do", she said just as intimidatingly as she stood. She was like a statue, standing with her head high and having the most confidence anyone could ever imagine, it was very intimidating but oddly enough there was something I loved about it, Casey was so unique in her own way.

"Baby do you know how much I love you...Especially when you get like this..I have to say it's pretty funny..You can't be serious you have to talk to me"; I said but before she could even respond there was an interruption.

There stood the spitting image of me, my mother. "Ugh David what are you still doing home? And why is Casey here?" She said as she sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, it was obvious something was stressing her out besides the fact that I wasn't in school. She was supposed to be at work anyways, why was she home so quickly?

"I'm sorry mom...I wasn't feeling well this morning and Casey came over to spend the day with e and make sure I was okay..We were just laying in bed watching a movie"; I said dryly. I couldn't let her go in the basement and see Cris and Jessica there, she would murder me if she saw them there, but she wouldn't punish me so badly for having Casey over. Casey was standing beside me looking off into space and said "I'm sorry Mrs.Rakenson I didn't mean to disrespect you or your rules."

My mother suddenly looked us both up and down and began blushing a little even though she was obviously angry. "Did you guys have sex? Don't like to me", she said sternly. My mother always had this feeling that me and Casey were hooking up and that honestly was none of her business, she was so uptight and always acted as if she wasn't young once.

Casey closed her eyes and let out an aggravated sigh, showing my mom her frustration. "Mom that's an unnecessary question, I'm a responsible guy", I said quickly. Casey kept her eyes closed and it was obvious I had embarrassed her, she always made that face when I was getting on her nerves. I was a one man army out in the battlefield right now and I needed assistance but no one cared, they wanted me dead.

"Oh dear God...I can't deal with this right now, David you and your girlfriend can't just do whatever you want I'm your mother and only want the best for you"; She said as she held her hands up to her face. How dare she ask me a question like that? I don't ask her about what she does with dad, that's just rude and unnecessary, I couldn't believe she would even try and invade my privacy like that. It was moments like this where I wished I was 17 already, a year closer to 18 aka a year closer to escaping this fucking prison most people called 'home'. No one knew what it was like having a family like mine, you're constantly being judged but 1000 times harder, it's hell, especially if you don't fit your parents standards and society's standards.

I closed my eyes and exhaled and let our a deep breath. "Mom I know that...I just get so tired of all of this shit", I said just before Casey decided to say something. "I was just leaving anyways...Don't worry I don't think you'll have to deal with me any longer anyways okay", she said coldly before she turned and walked down to the hallway towards my room. I felt my feet tense up, I was in quick sand and couldn't get out, I was in deep.

I rushed up behind her and stood in front of my bedroom door I wasn't going to let her leave before we talked things out. "No, you can't leave without saying something to me", I said almost pleadingly. I couldn't let my angel leave me, not now, and not forever. If Casey left me I would be in an eternal hell that was just absolute and complete chaos, I needed her, she had no  idea.

Lightning bolts flashed within her eyes as she looked at me. "Just move! I have nothing to say to you!" she yelled. It couldn't be over, not now, not like this, I wasn't going to give up on her.

"Please just talk to me Case", I said calmly. She wasn't being reasonable. She was so willing to give up a 5 year relationship, did she even love me at all?

"I am David! But it's not ME who needs to talk it's YOU! You sat there and let your mother talk about me like I'm some slut and I'm not even like that at all....You didn't even apologize to ME or stand up for ME!" she screeched out and her voice cracked a little, it was obvious she was reaching her breaking point.

"Grow a fucking pair and put her in her God damn place and tell her to start treating me better! I'm your girlfriend and she needs to accept that whether she likes me or not!" She yelled out and began breathing heavily before she continued on saying "I just don't understand why she doesn't like me and I don't understand why you feel like you can't talk to me but I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to figure it out...I'm so done." I clenched my fists in and out as if I was trying to clasp the remains of our relationship in my hands but I couldn't they were being blown away by the fierce hurricane of a lovers wild, violent heart.

"Case don't say that...You don't understand...Look I'll tell you whatever you want to know okay...Let's talk this out like we always eventually do...You're over reacting I just-I jus- I-I", I couldn't even finish mt sentence there was no point...She was 'done' with me.
























8 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...David always lets his emotions get the best of him... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... it seems like Casey had some ongoing problems with David, like it was driving her crazy that he wouldn't open up to her. I can understand her frustration a little bit, it sucks when it feels like your boyfriend of five years can't talk to you.
    I feel bad for David too, he probably doesn't want Casey to think badly of him since he wasn't exactly the nicest person the other night. Did he end up taking his watch back from that doctor? XD
    His mom's wierd, LOL, she didn't seem to hear what he was saying, I suppose David didn't give her a clear "yes" or "no," but saying he knew what he was doing should have made her feel a little better? I don't know, maybe not, LOL, she just seemed to assume that he was being reckless or something.
    Oh Melody, LOL, she comes across as bitchy from David's point of view, XD. She does have a little bit of a "you're rich so you must be an asshole" attitude going which always strikes me as wierd, like I don't get people who think that. She seems to do that about other things too, like grouping people into categories, and then deciding which of those categories she is going to hate.
    I liked hearing from David, I've always liked him, :D he's a complicated person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Casey is always putting up with David and his craziness :P And yeah David doesn't want her to see that side of him but no he didn't take his watch back...He was just showing off lol David's mother is really strict and doesn't want to see him make mistakes...He gets into ALOT of trouble. Melody definitely needs to filter some of the things she says...But yeah she does think he's full of himself and she honestly might be a little jealous of him but she is so judgmental sometimes lol I like David too...I was trying to get rid of him but then I realized how interesting he can be.

      Delete
  3. Whelp... :sigh:
    I'm just gonna wait and see about all this. :/

    To be honest my first response is they're both a couple brats. But, we haven't really seen David's parents, so maybe it's justified...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets better I promise lol...You're really taking a blow to my creative esteem here lol jkjk but yeah ... You'll watch me grow as each chapter goes along.. :)

      David's parents...No comment, you just wait and see... I don't want to give anything away but you'll see how they are in a later chapter. But if you think they're bratty I can't stop you from thinking that...Lol I value your honest opinion even if it's different from mine...It's interesting to see what other people think. :)

      Delete
  4. Shiiit! David got mula! Hahaha! For real doe, and his momma lookin fly too. She's gorg. <3 His gf seems aight, she's actually kinda sweet n shit. U can tell she cares about his ass. Melody hmmmmm, she needs to stay in her lane. I don't like what she's doing. Home wreckers r disgusting and David is just as bad as her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhhh, yes David's mom and aunt (you'll see her later) are so pretty. I really like David's mother. They are very wealthy, but his mother is super down to Earth. I know! Casey is uber compassionate, and David isn't exactly used to that kind of love. I hate homewreckers too, but everyone has their reasons for doing things. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete