Saturday, December 27, 2014

Chapter 24 Part 1/2
 A Lemon-Flavored High Honors Student



There was a stillness in the air as I sat in David's room, on his bed.
David walked into the room with an irregularly shaped plate carrying an overly large sized brownie on it. "There's more... Do you want one?" he asked while nearly shoving one in his mouth, walking over to the table beside his bed and placing it there.
I examined them closely, "Are those safe?" I asked him while curiously eyeing the heaps of chocolate goodness he had held out in front of me. "I thought you weren't allowed to eat sweet and fattening stuff Mr. Footballstar?" I teased.
He laughed at me while frowning, "You seriously think I would try and get you high?!" He asked, stunned while looking down in my direction, noticing that I wasn't smiling or trying to laugh it off as if what I said was some kind of joke. Like the polar caps in antartica melting, the ocean expanded and so did his blue eyes. "Wow. Okay I'm not a druggie and I wouldn't trick you into doing something like that!"
  Things got quiet after he said that, I could tell he was getting a little annoyed with me but he continued on, talking as if I hadn't just said such a stupid thing. " The football season is almost over-and I'll be so glad when it is... we have 3 more games left so I can eat whatever I want" I looked at him like he was crazy, and then I started thinking about what the girl said to me a few minutes ago.
"Don't you love football?" I asked curiously, even though I was practically being nosey at this point.


He smirked as he laughed somewhat sarcastically. "I don't love football, I mean- I like it but it's just something to do I guess" His voice trailed off and he got silent after he said that, looking out towards the window before he continued "Our school is finally going to participate in water polo this year...I' m trying to get on the team" he sat down on the edge of the bed right beside me and smiled at me like I was supposed to say something like 'good luck', but I didn't.
I turned around quickly, noticing an orange tinted pill bottle with pills lying beside it and a glass of water. Maybe he was finally taking his meds, either that or it was a cover up.
I  had nothing on my mind, suddenly I began regretting coming here with him. David had a big room yet right now it felt so small and suffocating, he was sitting so close to me and all I could smell was chocolate and that heavenly smell that surrounded us that night we danced at my uncle's wedding.
His bed was soft- too soft, it was almost as if I could fall right through it. David was looking at me now, noticing that something was wrong. "I'm sorry but this was just wrong- We have to go back!" I said softly, looking away from him.


David got up from the bed and faced me, like a man. "We can't go back it's too late now" he said casually.
"We should be in class right now! People are going to realize that we're gone! Especially Ms.Johnson and then they're going to look for us! We might get suspended! I can't have my record look horrible- it's already pretty ugly! Oh my God I've been gone so long! What was I thinking?!" I was walking around the room, screaming and yelling, freaking out and having a nervous break down.
I looked at David who was now looking at me like I had issues. "I'm leaving!" I said to him as I headed for the door.
He laughed at me "Okay, go ahead. I just hope you realize that by the time you walk there school will be over  but hey, to each their own"


I was just half way through the door before he stopped me and said "Calm down! Jesus Christ, you act like the world is going to end by missing a few hours of school- it's not that serious sassy-pants"
I hated it when he called me that, and he had no room to talk in this situation because he probably had no idea what it was like being a normal person.
"Oh yes, you know you're so right!" I exclaimed sarcastically, turning and looking him dead in the eye. "Of course the world won't end for you, but it sure will for me...You know some people actually have to work for things in life- not everyone has money flowing out of their ass every second of the day. Not everyone can afford to fuck up and then just pay all their problems away" I said bitterly.


There was a silence that stood between us after I said that and I immediately regretted saying that but it was too late now.
I looked up at him slowly, trying to avoid eye contact with him but he was looking straight at me with his azure blue eyes.
I knew he hated when I said stuff like that. You would think that after talking to him that whole month I would've learned from my mistakes, but I still hadn't learned yet. Every time I  went on one of my little rants about money and status; He always got tense and rigid, not really saying much to me and sometimes he hung up on the phone, not even bothering to at least argue with me.
"Why do you do that?" He asked me monotonously, covering his face with his hand now, just resting his head there like he couldn't even bare to look at me.
"Do what?" I asked, leaning against the well beside him and trying to make it seem like I had no idea what he was talking about.
"You know what-" He said with his voice trailing off, looking down at me like I was dirt or something.


Turning to him, I smiled insidiously knowing just how to turn this around. "Why do you do that?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow.
He was clearly getting irritated now, rolling him eyes and crossing his arms over his chest. "What are you talking about? This isn't about me- it's about you being a judgmental, inexperienced brat"
I definitely wasn't a 'judgmental inexperienced brat', was I? I mean sure, the inexperienced part could've held some truth to it, I still had alot of my life to live. Was I really a judgmental person though? Before I could even try and defend myself he spoke some more.
"I sat there and listened to everything you told me. When you told me your dad let your mother have full custody over you and Jessica, I didn't judge you. When you told me your dad emptied out your mothers bank account and took all of that money and brought a house up in the hills with that new whore he's dating, I didn't judge you. When you told me your mom stopped working and your house was on the verge of facing foreclosure, I didn't judge you. So why do you think it's okay to judge me?" He said that as if I was a nuisance to him.


"I never fucking asked you to listen to my problems David!" I retaliated.
"Yeah but I did, you know why?" He asked me, but I didn't even bother giving him an answer. He was just being an ass at this point. "Okay then be that way- But I listened because I cared, I really felt bad for you because you live a lie everyday"
I looked at him, wanting to hit him where it hurts. He knew nothing about my life besides the bits and pieces I had told him, now he was crossing that invisible line now, the boundary. "Excuse me?" I said, raising my eyebrows and walking even closer to him.

"You heard what I said. Come on, don't act oblivious, you know it and I know it. You just put on this act, you always say you're 'okay' or 'I don't care'. You walk around like you can handle anything, you walk around like you're so perfect and nothings going wrong but I see right through you- it's all a big facade"
David was, dangerous. I felt so vulnerable and naked 'I see right through you' , his words repeated on and on in my head. "I don't act like I'm perfect, I just don't see the point in crying about shit that you can't change. I'm sorry I'm not depressed and crying a fucking river every 5 seconds" I said, rolling my eyes at him.


 Instantly and abruptly my body lurched forward, David grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him, so close to the point that I could feel him breathing on me, so close to the point that he probably could hear my heart beating right now.
I tried looking at him but he was just too close for comfort right now, I couldn't dare to face him like this. I closed my eyes and lowered my head a little, still feeling his grip around my wrists. Intimidation surrounded me, there was no escaping him. He smelled so lovely yet he was acting deadly. I felt his hands clench even tighter around my wrists now, and let out an "Mmm" noise, a scared one- like a squeal.
I could feel the pressure of his words against my face like the beat of a  drum as he spoke. His breath was warm and it made me feel like I could melt and disappear at any given moment. "Tell me" he said almost in a whisper.
"Tell you what?" I asked, confused.
"Tell me the fucking truth, just be honest for once- at least do it for yourself." He said in a subduing way.
"What truth?" I asked, even more muddled than before.
"Tell me that you don't feel anything, tell me you honestly don't feel anything. Tell me you don't have a heart, tell me you don't care about your parent's divorce at all and I will let you go." He said slowly like he really had some kind of control over me. The sad part was that in this moment he did.
My lips quivered, but I still remained inert, he wasn't going to win this fight.
"Tell me Melody. Tell me how you fucking feel! Do you even care at all?! Do you have any emotions at all, or are you just that apathetic?" He hissed in my face, shaking me a little bit.
I couldn't take it anymore, I started shaking more and more and he only reacted by gripping my wrists tighter. "Yes!" I squealed. David was getting his way with me and I didn't like it. "I have emotions, I fucking care okay! I'm scared, I'm sad and I'm angry! What more do you want from me?!" I pleaded with him.
"Nothing, that was all that I wanted" He whispered to me deviously, with his breath suddenly feeling colder against my cheeks.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing chapter, as always! I love this story and your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks that really means alot to me! This comment really made my day, I hate my writing sometimes lol but thanks, you put a smile on my face. :) <3 Sorry it took me a while to respond...My account was messed up.

      Delete
  2. This is why I love David. He's real, and he's not afraid to ask Melody really hard questions. Sure he gets annoyed when she's being a judgmental fruitcake, but then he still tries to get her to see what's happening. I see a little more of Melody now, she has the teenager attitude, the one where she's trying to be cool, not like popular cool, but like cool in her own mind. I feel like she thinks her defensive wall is making her look cool and no one will mess with her that way, which is true to an extent, I said in the previous chapter's comment that I wouldn't hang out with Melody cause she annoys me. At the same time, her defensive wall is pushing everyone away from her. I felt good when David called her out on her shit. She needs to hear it or she'll never change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes me too :) "Judgmental fruitcake" Lol, you're funny. :P And yeah Melody lies to herself alot without even realizing what she's actually doing. She misses her parents and doesn't exactly know how she feels about all the changes she's going through but she's weird. It's like she ignores what's right in front of her...That's the best way to describe it lol :) And yeah David is trying to help her, he really feels bad for her but he is pretty annoyed with how she handles things. She's like a robot lol

      Delete
  3. Yay! Shake some sense into her!! Thank you David. It might seem like a ln intense reaction - but if he didn't care about her he'd just tell her to fuck the fuck off and get on without her. The way she likes to throw shit in his face like that - I would be on the fuck off boat. Lol

    Lol. Such an amazing chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks, it was hard for me to even write this. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      When I wrote this I was so skeptical about how the people reading it would receive it. Shaking her seems like a violent action but *I* didn't see it that way when I wrote this. Like yeah, David's pretty annoyed with her because he finds it weird how she can easily judge other people yet she barely talks about her own issues, like her parent's divorce. He was just really fed up with her constant judgments and was just like "God damnit! Why don't you see how much I've been there for you! Stfu and stop judging me, after all the shit you told me about your own family" I really really really really regret not actually taking the time to write out their little phone conversations over that past month but I felt like it would've been too boring and monotonous. But now no one knows just how much they actually talked that whole month and how in-depth their conversations actually were... *sigh* :( I guess that's the down-side of not writing it out, and just referencing it but it is what it is. Just know that she told him a lot of shit on the phone. (Mostly about her family issues) But yeah, I would've been on the fuck off boat too lol, it gets annoying to hear someone talk badly about you, right in front of your face lol.

      Delete
  4. Dayyum dis the shortest chap ever. lots of writing doe. mel is very indecisive. y the fuck she said she wanted 2 go if she knew she was so behind in school??? She always talkin bout davi d and his money. Money dont fix everything and she would know that if she paid m,ore attention 2 shit. idk how about him grabbing her somethin bout him is jus so damn sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah this chapter is pretty short. Melody was very overwhelmed in the previous chapter so that kind of influenced her choice to skip. But remember, she's very much a goody-two-shoes so she was like "What am I doing?!" once she got to David's house. You're right though, Mel definitely doesn't realize how money can make a person's problems worse or not help them at all. And the grab was definitely interesting. David can be sneaky in a good way >:D lol.

      Delete