Saturday, May 16, 2015


Liebster Award

The lovely LateKnightSimmer  who writes Echoes of Eternity and several other interesting stories nominated me for this Liebster Award. This really caught me by surprise but that was really gratifying. Thanks, LateKnightSimmer! :) 

liebster-award-300-px

The Liebster Award is a way of bloggers supporting other bloggers. 

The rules for receiving this award are to:

  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
  • Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
  • Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

I didn't want to nominate people already nominated because I felt like that would be annoying to make them answer 11 more questions

The bloggers I nominate are:

Dustland Fairytale by HelloHannah2 — A story with a Western/ Southern vibe. I'm not a big fan of those kind of stories but Hannah really writes it well and she's so friggin descriptive. Jolene is trying to make it on her own in Las Vegas, but it's not as easy as she thought it would be.

Life is an Odyssey by MandySaurus/ RebornMonster — A wonderful legacy that had me shocked so many times. The humor is pretty great too but besides that the characters in this story are all unique in their own way. And I felt attached to them as the story went along and the generations continued. 

Sim Star Idol by LedendofSim/ThePartySim — If you want to talk about a plot twist... Just look at ThePartySim lol. Season 1 of Sim Star Idol is over but I still can't get over the various plot twists she presented within that story. Season 2 is about to start and I believe there is one more spot open for anyone who is interested. 

The Torres Legacy by BlyTheLyre — I just got around to reading this legacy but it's worth the read and BlyTheLyre's pictures and sims are stunning. She has  a very quirky way of writing and I love how I feel like I'm in Aaliyah's head (Still currently reading Generation 1).

The Next Generation by MelodicMolly — Okay so I read MelodicMolly's amazing story about time travel, and I was astonished by her writing skills. The story was so good, I can't say too much without giving it away but the story is gone now and she created another one which I know for a fact is good, I just haven't gotten the time to read it yet. Either way, I love her writing.

Kasim's Great Adventures in Poosayville by Mochasims — Alright, this story is pretty much erotic fiction. There's a LOT of sex and graphic images lol but it's sooooo friggin good and there's a story behind it all. It's really gripping and leaves you at the edge of your seat. I've been dying to find a story with an urban-eqsue vibe to it and I finally found this one by Mocha. She really does a great job with this and I give major props to her because she creates her own CC objects, decor, clothes, poses, and all the above, etc. and makes it available for download and she edits the shit out of her pics. I read this story in like one or two nights lol ... It's definitely NSFW so don't read it during the day unless you're alone or something but it's really good and she has a great sense of humor too. The way she captures Kasim's mind is just incredible since she's writing in the 3rd person but OMG you will be mad, angry, happy, and sad for Kasim all at the same time, it's so conflicting and good.

The questions I was asked by LateKnightSimmer:


1.)  What got you interested in writing? Have you always been a natural writer, or did some life event spark you to start the hobby?
-Well, I wouldn't consider myself as a natural writer. When I was younger I always read books and I still do, especially during the summer time. Reading what others write really inspires me sometimes. I joined a literary club and hearing other people's work and receiving advice from them really makes me want to write more... But I guess boredom is what sparked me to actually start writing. I was a freshman when I started writing Perfection and I just wanted something to do during the summer... I knew my pics, my writing, my grammar, and everything else sucked but I did it for the hell of it and then I got attached... :x And now I actually want to finish it and take it a bit more seriously than I did before. I don't know... I guess I've always had an interest in writing, sometimes I would write when I was upset and things like that but my English teacher I have this year really taught me a bunch and besides my love for my characters, he's kind of what got me *really* interested in writing even though I was just writing not to be bored 3 years ago. 


2.)How serious are you about writing? Do you want to be a world famous author someday, or do you just write Sims stories for fun?

-Hmmm, I guess I'm pretty serious about it. Lately I've been thinking about going to college for writing or perhaps literature... I don't really know but music is my first love, so I guess writing would be my "fallback." I'm writing a novel but I haven't had the time to really write lately so it's just sitting there, not even close to being finished. I do write for fun though, I find writing very enjoyable.


3.)Is there a time of day that’s the best time for you to write? 

-Honestly, no. Anytime, any day, and place, as long as I feel like writing, I will write. I write in the library, at home, in class (if we aren't doing anything serious), outside, in my bed at 1 am lol... There's really no limits.

4.) What do you do to get over writers block?

-Hmmm this is a hard question because my imagination runs wild and I never really have writers block. I guess music really inspires me to think of ideas for my story. Sometimes I'll listen to a song and an idea pops into my head that's perfect for one of my stories.

5.)What made you start playing Sims?

-My older sister who I love and miss very much. We used to play The Sims when I went on vacation and visited her. <3 :)  Also old Sims 2 writers interested me in the game when I didn't have a good computer back in the day (It had Windows 98 as an operating system for christ sakes lol) . It's a shame my sister and most of the sims 2 writers don't play The Sims anymore though. :/ 

6.) Do you prefer creating and writing about male or female Sims? Why do you prefer the one you do?

-I guess I like both equally but if I had to choose I would say I like creating and writing about males more just because I've always been interested in the opposite sex. Guys are completely different than girls so it makes things interesting and challenging for me to write for them and not seem stereotypical or sexist all while trying to understand guys a little bit more myself. Lately I've been so tired of writing for females, I love how driven and dedicated *most* men are when they want something in life, they're just so dominant and alpha... I love it.

7.) Other than Sims and writing, what are some of your other hobbies?

-Well I think it's pretty obvious I'm obsessed with music. I play the piano, sing, and I'm still learning the guitar. I also like drawing, when I'm in the mood to draw.






8.)What are your favorite and least favorite expansion or stuff packs?

-Least favorite: Supernatural ughh x( Most favorite: Late Night :)

9.) What is one of your greatest fears regarding your writing?

-Adverbs. There was literally a time where I wrote an adverb after every dialogue situation like: Kelly said harshly, Rebecca yelled rudely, Tracy said oddly. Lol it was so fucking awkward. Adverbs just allow me to be lazy and not describe things when they could be described better. I really try to avoid using them at all costs unless they are absolutely necessary in a sentence.

10.)If you could pick five personality traits for your Simself, what would they be? I know when I do it, there’s always more than five I want to use, but just think of the first five that come to mind.

- Hmmmm, I actually feel like I can't find 5 traits to describe myself but I'll try anyways. 1.) Shy 2.) Virtuoso 3.) Hopeless Romantic 4.) Book Worm 5.) Party Animal (when around close friends)

11.) What is your favorite type of CC to download and why?

-I guess I would say hair because Ea hairs suck. You can change the colors of their clothes with CAST so I could work with most of Ea's clothes... But their hair ughhh hell no x( . With the Ambitions pack there's literally like 3 female hairstyles that look exactly the same and it's atrocious.



Here's my eleven questions to my six nominees:

1.) What do you love most about writing?

2.) What is one quality from one of your characters that you wish you could posses?

3.) If a director wanted to use your story for a movie would you allow them... Yes or no? Why or why not? And if you would, is there anything in your story you would change plot-wise, or character-wise like appearance and the setting?

4.) Do you set limits for yourself as far as raunchiness goes? (Ie: Nudity, violence, sex, language)

5.) If someone you know in real life were to find your blog would you feel embarrassed? Even if you know the person well and there's nothing too 'risque' on your blog?

6.) If there's one character you could spend a day being who would it be, why, and what would you do?

7.) When and what made you start writing?

8.) What are some other things that you like to do in your free time?

9.) Would you rather have a lesson learned within your story or just tell your story and let it stand for what it is whether or not there's a lesson to be learned?

10.) Do you feel like you have a specific writing style?

11.) How do you think you've evolved creatively and do you think writing has changed your outlook on life?

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I loved all your answers to my questions. :) ♥ You're definitely welcome for the nomination, you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words about my legacy. I'm sorry I didn't really participate in the Liebster thing... I don't know why, but I just got anxious about the whole thing and flaked out. ^_^"

    It was a lot of fun to read your answers though. It made me laugh when you were talking about EA hairs (because I totally understand). But, out of curiosity, why do you hate supernatural? (Other than that they made werewolves look like deformed hairy trolls...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww no prob. :) Lol Liebster was pretty cool even though I didn't really know what the hell it was and I still don't really know what the hell it is lol. Don't be anxious... It's just a big spam game... Or at least that's what I thought lol. Or a tag game... Not spam lol.

      Yaaaas. They made some nice dreadlocks and ethnic styles for Island Paradise. The side braid in University Life was cool too. I just feel like Ea has become a big cash cow now... They sell all their good stuff on the store and give us 3 slightly varied hairs in the expansion packs. It's pure laziness...

      Ughhh supernatural D: Lol @hairy trolls... But I just don't like the whole "magic" thing. They take over the whole town eventually and it's annoying to me. If I want a supernatural sim... I want them to have good powers. Ea made everything really... "Safe" in that expansion... They could've went deeper, but they didn't. I rarely get into a mood where I want to play anything other than a human... Idk. I'm just not really into all of that stuff. It's like escapism to me... I'd rather read a fantasy novel than play a fantasy game... It just feels limiting. I can't explain it. x_x

      Delete