Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chapter 15: Sudden Changes


After my uncle got me up on my feet he opened the door and we walked out to 
see my mother and my grandmother standing there in shock.  My mother perked her head out and tried to get a glance of the bathroom and once she saw the glass her eyes widened. She looked at my arm that was covered in blood and began frowning at me. She held her hand on her hip and pointed her finger at me just like the time when she did so to my father. "Are you seriously acting like a little girl right now?!?!? You're throwing a bitch fit and destroying your GRANDMOTHER'S mirror!" My mother shouted out to me sternly as she narrowed her eyes down on me. 


"And?" I said indifferently while looking at her. I had no care in the world as I stood there with blood on my face and my arm. I was just so tired of everyone's bullshit. 


My mother let out a deep sigh and my uncle decided to chime in. "Look I really think Melody doesn't need to be talking to anyone right now. Trust me I know I've dealt with cases like this before and-" he said  before my grandmother cut him off. 


"Listen Croy I don't care about your God damn hospital experiences right now I just want that evil little brat out of my house" she said to him as she looked at me and then turned away while throwing her hands up at me as if she were disgusted. 


I  walked towards the door, turned to face them all in the room and rolled my eyes. "Fuck this family, I can't stand you all you're such hypocrites- I don't want to be here anyways so I'll be on my way out" After I said that I walked out the door. 


I made it outside and opened the door of the car and started grabbing my clothes that were laying on the back seat and threw them on the ground. I turned around only to find my mother and my uncle following me outside. "What do you want now?!?! Why can't anyone just leave me the fuck alone!" I shouted at the top of my lungs so loud that I could feel my vocal chords vibrate and rumble in my throat. 


My mother kept her distance from me and made sure she was close enough to see my facial expressions. "I want you to go and say sorry to your grandmother that's what I want" she said to me as if she expected me to go and apologize to her right after she said that. She looked down at the little pile of clothes I had next to my feet . "What do you think you're doing?" she asked me. 


"What the hell does it look like I'm doing?" I said to her while rolling my eyes. "Look I'm just getting my things so I can be out of your hands" I said as I raised my hands up in the air. 


My mother laughed for a moment and then shot her eyes wide open once she realized I was dead serious. "You're not going anywhere- we love you sweetie you can't just leave" 


"Oh please cut the bullshit already!" I said raising my hands up at her in dismay. "You know damn well no one in this 'family' gives a shit about me- YOU, my own mother doesn't even care about me....It's just sad" 


She looked at me with eyes full of tears and stood there just looking at me. "Is- is- is that REALLY how you feel?" she asked me as I could hear her sniffle. It was obvious she was about to cry but she was trying to fight her own tears. 


I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply before I said "yes" It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. 


"We love you-Where do you think you're going to go?!?!?!" "You don't have any friends you can't just leave-there's no where else for you to go" she said with her eyes wide and full of sorrow. 


I sighed and placed my hand on my head that was pounding. "Anywhere- I don't know where I'm going but I'm not going anywhere with you-I'm done" my voice cracked and a chill ran down my spine. 


"You can stay with me" my uncle said with a hint of hope in his voice. I didn't expect for him to say that or even offer for me to live with him. My heart jumped in my chest. 


Tears escaped my mothers eyes and she quickly closed them. "Well I'd rather her be with you and be safe instead of her going out on her own-" her voice trailed for a moment. "Since she doesn't want to be with me" After my mother said that my life changed drastically.


***************************


"Well-uh this is mi casa" my uncle said as he swung open the door to his house. He laughed and then looked around at the place nervously . "I know it's kind of shabby- I need to get some more furniture- I just can't find the time to do it" I chimed in and quickly disagreed "It looks great...You surprisingly have a nice house uncle Croy" I said to him sarcastically.


We stood there examining everything in the living room. A chess table in the corner, a cozy looking couch next to a fire place and a bunch of plants behind it on the wall. It was clear that my uncle liked quiet places and enjoyed having solitude. 


"I'm not sure whether or not I should take that as a compliment or an insult" he said as the pitch in his voice shot up because he was laughing like a God damn fool. "Want to see your room?" he asked as he walked over to a door in the room and opened it before I could even answer the question. 


I followed him into the room covered with white walls as the light in the room shined so bright. "This is your room- I made it for you when you were younger actually- I offered to let you and your sister stay here with me sometimes since your parents are always so busy but she never wanted you guys to stay with me" he said to me while he rolled his eyes. "Your mother hates me but anyways if you don't like the room I can always change it" he said to me as he smiled. 


I looked over at the mirror on the wall, it was just like those mirrors that you would see celebrities use with all the little round light bulbs surrounding the perimeter of it. The dresser underneath the mirror was so beautiful even though it was plain and simple, it was much better than the old dresser I had back at home.


There was a bed over on the other side of the room, it was plain and simple also but it was cute. The blue and white polka dotted blanket really looked nice and crisp as if it had never even been touched, it was perfect-too perfect. 


Blue lounge chairs and a blue end table with a phone sitting on top of it complimented the blue carpet. "Oh yeah use that phone and dial 364 if you need anything-it will ring the phone upstairs" he said to me as he saw me staring at it. A deep blue and almost purple colored guitar was sitting there in the corner and my heart melted as I looked at it. I could only imagine what it sounded like although it did look like it had been sitting there for a while. The tv was in the middle of everything and I really didn't want a tv, I never even watched tv anyways but it was nice to have one. 


The windows shined bright from the light hanging in the middle of the room. I had a nice view of all the houses next to our house. The neighborhood was beautiful and quiet, it didn't really seem like anyone else lived in the houses near us. The view was nice but I wondered how easy it was for people to look in here and see me. 


"This room is perfect!" I squealed. "Everything is so beautiful and simple" I said while glancing at the room more time.


He smiled at me and looked so much more happier than he did earlier tonight. "You know-I'm glad this happened although this was unfortunate.... I finally feel like I have a daughter....It's a nice feeling" 


He suddenly got all nervous and rubbed the back of his head. "Now if only I could just find the right woman-" his voice trailed off and then he looked back at me with a hint of hope on his face. 


It was then that I realized how lonely my uncle was and I truly felt bad for him. He wanted to live the American dream, he had a nice house, and a nice job but no wife or kids. I still believed he would get a wife one day because, he was a nice guy he was just very shy and had traditional values. "I'm sure you'll find the right one, one of these days" I said warmly. 


"I'm sure I will- you should clean yourself up and wash that blood off of you...There's a bathroom in the door right there" he said to me as he frowned at me in disgust and then laughed shortly afterward. 


I walked into the bathroom and turned on the water to get my bath going. There was soap in a box and it was clearly unopened. I dipped my foot in the water and just sat in the warm water as I relaxed and watched the steam clouds  from the water rise in front of my face like clouds. 


I placed my hands side by side with my palms facing the ceiling and let the water fill up in my hands. I lifted my hands and brung the water up to my chest and felt the water run all down my neck and it was so relaxing. I looked at my bloody arms and washed the blood off of it as I thought about everything that just happened. It was all so fast, but I was so happy to just be away from my mother. I wasn't even sure if I even wanted to go back to her. I wanted to stay here with my uncle at least for a few days just to see how things work out but I was pretty sure my mother didn't want that. She was so obsessed with having everyone think she had the perfect family and now that I was gone it would be hard to hide the fact that things were going on.


I finished bathing and went into my room as I tried to sleep. It was 6:20 am and the sun was already out. I couldn't even sleep, I had so much energy despite everything that happened last night. I stretched out my arms and yawned "ahhhh" I was clearly tired but I just couldn't get any shut eye. 


I got up and walked over to the guitar in the corner of the room. I sat down with my hand resting against my cheek. I felt my hair brush up against my hand, I wrapped some white pair of leggings around my hair in an effort to tie it up this morning but it was too bulky so I just wore it as a headband after all it did match my outfit. The guitar felt like a part of me,  but I still couldn't bring myself to play it again, not right now- it just didn't feel right but I wanted to play it. 


Walking out of my room and into the living room I sighed. Something just didn't feel right, I felt strange. Was it because of what happened last night? I thought about it for a while and realized that wasn't it. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was happening that I didn't want to happen. I looked at the stairs and proceeded to walk up them.


I made it up the stairs to see my uncle cooking like one of those chefs on the Food Network "Hot damn! I'm on a roll!" he shouted as he tossed the food up in the air and caught it on the spatula. 


I walked over towards him and sat on one of the bar stools next to the stove and watched him as he cooked breakfast. "You know I'm not used to someone cooking breakfast for me- I  usually cook for myself" I looked at the bacon sizzling up in the pan and raised my eye brow "You do know that I'm vegetarian right?" I said in a funny way. 


"Yes I know you're a vegetarian that's why I'm warming up some watermelon it's surprisingly delicious when you heat it up and I just wanted to cook breakfast for you since you've never been here before-I won't cook for you if you don't want me to..." he said as his voice trailed off and he turned the oven off as he lifted the pan and started shaking it around. 


I moved over to the other bar stool as I saw him getting ready to serve the food. He placed a plate right on the counter for me and I eyed it up and down. "No it's nice I appreciate the fact that you cooked for me- I'm always willing to try something new" I said to him. 


Just then the phone rung and he  stood there looking at me like he was surprised someone called him. "Well I'm glad you appreciate it....I'm going to go get the phone, I'll be right back okay" he said to me while walking away up to another case of stairs.  How big was this place? 



I looked down at my plate of food and was about to pick up the piece of watermelon just before BUZZZZZ my phone vibrated in my pocket. I froze for a moment, it caught me off guard but then I realized it was probably just my mom or something like that. 


My hand slid across the phone screen and unlocked the pass code. '58 notifications' my phone read across the screen. I jumped up out of the chair and slid my finger across the screen rapidly "Nice video! Who would've known that such a quiet girl could be so awesome?" I read out loud confusingly. 


I kept running my thumb across the phone screen and looked down at the corner of the phone screen my text message icon had 62 notifications. "What the fuck?!?!" I said out loud to myself, I clicked the icon and glanced over at all the text messages and a particularly nasty one but there was no name just a number and a text that read 'Wow you sure are a pathetic little pussy' I frowned and felt my heart beat a little faster as I started cursing out loud "What the fuck ever- you couldn't even leave your name mr. or mrs. 555-3477 you're the real pussy"


One of the texts was a forwarded  message and it had an attachment, a video. I clicked the paper clip icon and the video started playing. There I was on my phone screen in my living room playing that bass guitar my mothers ex-boyfriend had given us. I wanted to scream I was so pissed off. I couldn't bear to look at the video any longer I threw my arms up and looked up at the ceiling, rolling my eyes. 


My blood was boiling and my heart was running 99 mph like a race car driver driving stick. My emotions  were running wild like a car spinning out of control. I knew exactly who did this to me, it was either my mom of my sister. Why would they put that video on the internet for everyone in my school to see it? Was she really that upset with me that she had to stoop that low and embarrass her own daughter like that? My mother wasn't even a mother, she didn't even know how to act like a mom. I started pondering a little bit more and had a crazy idea that my grandma put her up to this shit. 


I stood there holding my phone in my hands as it began vibrating even more. My hands trembled and I dropped my phone on to the floor. I closed my eyes and a tear trickled down my cheek. I was dying of embarrassment and no matter how angry I was I really was more sadder than anything. That video was up and being spread around to everyone in my school and even if I did delete it, it would still be there. I didn't even want that video on the internet but it ended up there anyways. Everyone was probably watching it and laughing at me and there was no way I could even get rid of it.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, her uncle is so awesome. XD I wonder why her mom hates him. O_O
    LOL, the whole beginning part of this chapter, I was like seriously? Her mother and grandmother were more concerned about the mirror than Melody, whose arm is bleeding? Wtf. LOL. But then I guessed she didn't have too serious of a wound since she didn't need stitches or anything. When they were standing by the car talking, I could see that her mom really didn't have a clue that Melody felt that way. She's so absent and distant from Melody's feelings, isn't she? Damn. Haha.
    Sheesh, no wonder Melody doesn't want to play the guitar or think she can sing, people in her own family putting up the video of her practicing by herself. How mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her uncle....he's much better at parenting than her real mother. :)Her mom is jealous of that and always felt like he was trying to take her daughters away from her. Melody didn't have a serious wound but yeah lol her mom and grandmother were more worried about the dumb mirror instead of her and her feelings. Her mother is oblivious to everything lol mostly because she's never around but that will change. Her family is very strange....they do alot of mean things to eachother but soon Melody will get revenge... :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe they would do that to her!! She's right though - it had to have been one of her family members. God - that's so sick. And who did they give her number too?

    Seriously I hope she stays with her uncle. Her family is seriously fucked up :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes her family is so fucked up but her sister loves their mother because their mother always favored her more so she doesn't really get why Melody is upset over the family. And it was her mother and her grandmother that put the vid out there...To the public really. I don't think they realize what they actually did though, the girl can sing her ass off, that wasn't exactly the best thing for them to do if they wanted to make her feel like shit...In the long run.

      And yeah she'll be staying with him for a while because she honestly needs a REAL parental figure in her life...Not someone who's just going to visit every now and then and say "oh yeah, I'm your mom" lol. Her mom has issues and her grandmother does too...Her family needs some serious fixing.

      Delete
  3. Dayummm Melody got one jacked up fam. They wildin over tha motha fuckin mirror instead of her safety! What kinda fuckery is that shit?!!?!?!?!?!!!!! ~ >=[ Assholes!!! Then they go and blow her shit up with the vid! They're a bunch of lame ass bitches! That's why her granny don't get none no more and her fuckin mother losin her already punk ass 'man' already. These hoes r draggin dis shit. M just gotta keep her head up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, her grandmother is just terrible... You would think she would know better. The video is a blessing in disguise though, Mel has to realize her talents, and how many people do love her. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete