Sunday, August 17, 2014


Note: I did not use my new computer for this chapter so please ignore the ugly looking grass in some screenshots...I built my computer I'm just to scared to turn it on but I'm going to turn it on later today :)



Chapter 16: I want answers


"Mhmm-okay well I don't believe you, I've known you all my life and I can tell that you're lying to me right now" my uncle let out a sigh as he held the phone to his ear. "Just know that this isn't about me, it's about your daughter" he said right before he went to hang up the phone. 


I had walked down the stairs and stood there listening. "What did she say?" I asked him shyly, uncertain of what he would say. 


My uncle looked around the room for a moment before he turned his head towards me. "She said she didn't do it but she needs the money for the mirror soon- that little old thing was one grand" he said in an irritated way. 


"ONE GRAND?!?!?" I  shouted with my eyes wide open. "How does she expect me to get $1,000? I don't even have a freaking job!" I shouted.


My uncle smiled to me and said "Look don't worry about it okay...We will work things out- I have to go put on my uniform I will be right back" he said before he walked up the stairs. 

*********************


It didn't take too long before my uncle came back into the living room and when he did he gave me a hug. "Don't worry about anything- I'm here for you and $1,000 really isn't that much" he patted my back with his hand and said "Cheer up kiddo" as he laughed and stopped hugging me. 


I sat down on the couch and my uncle looked at me. "You know your mother doesn't realize how stupid she can be sometimes..." he said while he sighed and laughed sarcastically. 


"I know" I said to him while I smiled and held my hands together and brung them up to my face. "You know it's really funny that she thinks I might be a lesbian but I like a guy...I just haven't told anyone- well except for you because I just told you now" I said while I laughed and kept smiling thinking about the guy. 


My uncle smiled and opened his eyes wider. "I KNEW IT! I knew there was a guy" he chuckled and asked me "So who is this guy? What's his name?  Where does he live? How old is he?" 


I blushed a little, he acted just the same way my mom would I guessed it was just a genetic thing. "Well... He's older than me, he lives near Willy Road and his name begins with a D but I won't say the rest"  I said nervously.


"Oh come on, you don't trust your own uncle" he said to me while looking at me with disappointment. 


I didn't know how to respond really, I never told anyone something that could be spread around like gossip. "Well it's not that I don't trust you it's just that I don't want to speak about things because you never know what might happen" I said as I leaned on the couch with my head in my hands. "He might not even like me at all" My uncle sat down beside me on the couch and said "If he doesn't like you so what, who cares? You have to take chances in life Melly- you're scared and to be honest fear shouldn't even be apart of your vocabulary...It holds you back" 


"I know, you're so right" I said to him while thinking about how things could be different if I wasn't so scared of things and just being myself. "I kind of made a fool of myself the last time I was around him- Well he probably wouldn't think so, but I feel stupid about it" 


I sunk down into the couch and put my head in my hands. "I sung for him- I can't even believe I did that...I know I sounded dumb but he insisted that I sounded 'amazing'" I said as I mocked him. 


"Stop that right now" my uncle said to me while frowning a little bit. He looked away from me and said "You've got to be confident in yourself because if you don't- no one else will make you feel good about yourself...I bet you sounded-" the phone rang before he could finish his sentence. 


My uncle got up and answered the phone, he was so casual with the way he answered the phone. "Uhh hello this is Croy" I could hear the person on the other end of the line, it was a woman with a high pitched quirky voice. "Uh-huh, yeah sure no problem I will be right in" he said before he hung up the phone.


My uncle got up and hurried towards the door and stopped and turned around. "Okay it's getting late and I'm sorry but I have to go- they want me in early tonight at the hospital I'm sorry I can't stick around and talk some more but we can talk when I get back" he said to me while smiling. It wasn't until then that I realized how long we had actually been talking. "Okay now since I will be gone this means no boys, no alcohol, no boys, no cigarettes, no parties, no boys, and no pot- remember, just because I smoke pot doesn't mean I want you to smoke pot" he said while he laughed at himself. 


"Oh my gosh you smoke weed and you're a doctor?!?!?" I exclaimed while my uncle just kept laughing. "You don't have to worry about me doing any of those things...I'm not into that stuff and I barely know anyone" I said to him. 


He smiled and said "Good...I wouldn't want to see my niece smoking pot but either way it was a joke, relax kiddo!" he said excitingly while he walked out the house laughing. " I will see you later" he said before the door slammed shut. 


********************
When my uncle left I changed my clothes and went upstairs to watch some T.v. in the entertainment area my uncle had set up. "Contestant number 11 has made a chocolate gingerbread house!" I rolled my eyes and went to grab the remote so I could change the channel, I really did hate T.v. but I was only up here because I felt like it was safer here instead of being downstairs with all the windows. 


I sat there flipping through channels until I turned to MTV and saw that Awkward was on. I put the remote back on the table and just sat there watching the show, and began realizing exactly why the show was called Awkward. Ding-Dong! The doorbell rang and I immedietly tensed up. Maybe someone saw me in the house all alone, maybe they were watching me. I had a disgusting feeling in my stomach as I thought about that but I shook it off and headed downstairs, maybe it was just one of my uncles friends or a neighbor asking for some sugar to borrow. 


I made it to the door, tip toeing against the floor with my bare feet as they graced the wooden floor. I peeped my head out from behind the wall and peered out into the distance. I was surprised with who stood there but relieved at the same time.


David laughed and looked away from me in disbelief. How did he know I was here and why the hell was he here in the first place?" 


I let him in and took him into my bedroom he didn't say much, he just followed me in. I closed the door and stood in the center of the room as silence surrounded us. "Sooo...Uhhh why are you here?" I asked him while I bit my lip.


"Because I didn't really get to talk to you about what I wanted to talk to you about yesterday and because I need you to sing with me for that competition that's only 2 days away" he said to me while looking right into my eyes. I could feel my heart beat a little faster, he was so intimidating. 


"Umm I'm sorry but I'm not doing it" I said while looking up into the air and pursing out my lips. I was so nervous and he kept pushing me to participate in this dumb competition. 


David laughed at me and told me "You're doing it, I'm not taking no for an answer" he then went on and started telling me a little bit about the competition. "Just imagine yourself being on stage  in front of all those people wishing they could do what you do and they're all cheering you on and enjoying the music and if we win and trust me we will win, we get $800 and the crowd will still be cheering us on David! David! David! David! It's an awesome feeling" he said as he was clearly daydreaming about the whole thing. 


The prize did sound interesting though and I sure could use the $800 right now. "Hmm...I'm  not sure but I'm kind of interested now" I said to him, I figured I could just get on stage and sing a 3 min song it would be over before I knew it and it wouldn't hurt to try. I started thinking about my uncle and how he said I needed to stop being scared, this was my moment to break free and take a risk. 


"Good! That's what I liked to hear! That was surprisingly easier than I expected but I'm not complaining" He exclaimed while clenching his fists in a forceful yet strangely positive way.  


*******
The rest of that night me and David looked at all of these pictures of all the people that participated in this competition in the previous years. I won't lie it was pretty freaky and kind of stalker-ish that he had all this info but I brushed it off. "This guy won last year and he wasn't even good! He sang about a fucking burrito and of course he won because everyone thought it was funny he said while frowning and rolling his eyes. 


"Hmmm" was all that I could manage to say, he had his arm behind my back and his hand resting on my shoulder, it felt pretty awkward. We were so close and my heart was beating in my chest, I wondered if he could hear it or feel it as his arm was resting on my back. 


David kept rambling on and on about how he deserved to win all those previous years. "You see- even if we don't win, which won't happen but anyways if we don't win I just want someone with REAL talent to get the $800 cash reward not some bimbo who just sung something funny" 


I brung the folder up closer to me and held it in my hands. I kept looking at all the pictures and my eyes froze once they saw a familiar face. "Denver was in this competition?!?!?!" I exclaimed, David didn't answer me. He just rolled his eyes. I went on asking him "Please tell me why you're being so quiet...Why does everyone hate Denver? What has he ever done to you? He's a nice guy-" David cut me off right after I said that. "No Melody he's NOT a nice guy and I'm not sure if I should tell you about him..." I put my hand up to my lip, I was nervous of what he might say but I needed answers. "Tell me! Tell me all about him- I need to know...It's killing me" I said and then David went on "Well-You asked for it..." 


7 comments:

  1. Her uncle is the best. ^_^
    I love his advice to her about taking risks and not being afraid. She really was making herself lose opportunities by thinking she shouldn't/couldn't do things. Oh you're sneaky, making her say her crush's name started with a D. LOL.
    David really just always knows where she is, doesn't he? He's like a magical person or something, LOL.
    I'm curious about Denver too, LOL, you've done a nice job keeping that mystery going without it being too long and drawn out. It's more like, >_< I want to know! Haha, rather than, oh jeez just tell me already. So, nice job. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again I'm sorry I didn't see this waaaay before lol but I'm still responding. Melody does need to stop being so scared. Life is all about chances so she better take them while she can. I'm a very sneaky writer lol although I must admit sometime I confuse myself with the names of them both lol and I confuse myself when I think about how I'm going to end this, trying to make sure it all make sense. I'm the kind if person who 'wings' things...I don't necessarily have a plan for anything that I do really. David knows where she is most of the time because of her sister but yeah, he definitely shows up randomly almost all the time lol. Denver is just full of mystery, I spill the beans and talk about his past yet there's still A decent amount that others in the story don't know about him lol He's quiet and has some trust issues with people. Thanks for all your comments, it really makes me feel bubbly :)

      Delete
  2. Oh God... O.o

    I don't think I wanna know about Denver...

    I know David probably doesn't know what is going on but this was kinda a bad time to be pressuring her ...

    Well, at least it's a distraction and she SHOULD do it. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find out real soon lol. Denver really has a lot of people talking about him...It's kind of complicated. And yesssss omg lol David gives her that little push she needs to actually do the things she's afraid of doing but I like it. Melody definitely should sing though...Despite all the shit she's doing with. It could take her mind off of it...for a moment.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Davids gonna user her 4 his competition hes very clever i ain't gonna front but he kust in the moment i can tell. Her damn momma need 2 get sum help 4real even her granma. Y the fuck they so worried about the cheap ass mirror. That shit was way overdue anyways dem bitches need a new one carrying around all dat dusty shit BITTCH PLEASE!!!!! ~ >=[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg this comment made my night. David definitely wants Mel for the competition, he's been trying to win for a while. He wants to win so bad. That .... lol it sure is causing a lot of problems, huh? Thanks for commenting!

      Delete