Saturday, January 10, 2015


Chapter 25: Part 1/2
That Feeling

I found this cool website called Deviant Art from one of the fellow simmers on The Sims forums. I ended up making an account and I will mainly just be putting my poems and sometimes I will put my random short stories on that website, just for fun. My page is: http://littlesims2chick.deviantart.com/
Feel free to check it out if you want and there's tons of other amazing creators on that website too. You can look at my favorites and see the things I've read by others and etc.. It's pretty cool. :)
After that awkward moment I got up from the bed, slowly and just stood there looking back at him.
He looked up at me, now leaning to the side and looking at me. "Wait-what just happened again?" He asked shaking his head and looking at me peculiarly.
"I don't even know" I said, and I really didn't. It was like my memory had just been swiped by some evil fairy and then it all came back to me, I had a brain fart.
David got up from his bed and walked over to me. We stood there looking into each others eyes for a moment, it felt so long. My judgement was really messed up right now, everything was just in slow motion- the sounds, the movements, everything.

"I should go" I said slowly.
He looked down at me and said "We can't, it's dangerous. We're both high!" he paused for a moment. "So high! I can't drive like this?!"
It was pretty ironic that the guy who was running red lights and getting traffic tickets for speeding all the time had just said that. 
I looked up at him, unsure of what to say- nothing was coming to me. "Well then...What do we do now?" I asked gently.
David smiled, his eyes were the color amber-red. It was as if he had been straining them. "I don't know. Do you want to watch tv or something?" He asked nonchalantly.
I frowned, I definitely didn't want to watch tv. "I don't like television, it's so over-rated"
He rolled his eyes, sighing. "We don't have to watch tv-we can watch a movie or something"
I whimpered, "Fine."
***

Imagine yourself walking into a shabby looking house, with the door completely ruined from the inside out and paint chipped off of the walls. You look down at the foundation and see it looks like it's about to collapse at any second, but when you actually open the door and walk inside it's a totally different sight. The carpet is pristine and fluffy, a sleek and chic couch is up against the wall that has a bunch of pictures on it, all lined up perfectly and symmetrical. That's what it was like walking into their recreation room, my preconceived perception was totally wrong.
"Wow" I gasped as we entered the dark yet slightly visible room .I rubbed my eyes just so make sure I wasn't going crazy, I wasn't. There was a really huge flat screen on the wall, it was like a movie-theater. "This is ridiculous! Why would someone want  a home theater?!"
David shrugged, "I don't know but you have to admit it's kind of nice. What do you want to see- I have a good library." He said as he clapped his hands together and a set of lights came on towards the front of the room.
I thought about it for a moment, and I smirked. "Hmmm, let's watch Cinderella!" David frowned at me, "What? Do you not have it?" I asked.
He shook his head. "I have it, I just don't understand why you would want to see it" he said.
I sighed and pushed his shoulder a little bit, rolling my eyes. "Not everything has to make sense" I started laughing uncontrollably at nothing really. I broke my laughing fit by saying "Now put yourself to use and play Cinderella!" I squealed, laying down on the 'L' shaped couch. 
David looked back at me, with that look in his eyes- I wasn't quite sure what the look was but it was a look, if that even makes sense. "Okay, princess"

David put Cinderella on and we sat there watching it, the movie was almost over now and I hoped he was feeling the same way that I was. Everything felt brand new even though I had seen this movie nearly a thousand times as a kid, it just felt fresh and new even though deep down I knew I had seen it before. I paid attention to the littlest of details , it was kind of weird but cool at the same time.
"This movie is just bullshit" I said sternly, throwing my hands up at the screen as we watched Cinderella's Prince Charming slip her shoe back on her foot.
"What do you mean?" David asked, looking at me intently.
I laughed, looking at his red eyes, wondering if my eyes looked anything like his. "Well, they're pushing that whole 'Prince Charming Theory' on little girls. I mean seriously just look at this, Cinderella was crying but as soon as the guy put the shoe on her foot she was all happy and her life was complete- they make it seem like women need a man to complete them. It's absolutely disgusting" I said harshly.
David laughed at me and I honestly thought he would call me insane or have something sarcastic to say but he didn't. "Well-I never thought about it that way" he paused for a moment. "You must really hate men...Are you some kind of feminist?"

Wow, I wasn't expecting that, he jumped the gun. I couldn't contain my laughter. "I don't hate men, I just think that's a bad image for young girls...That doesn't make me a feminist!"
"Well good! You don't seem like the kind of girl who would be excited over having unshaven legs or having hair under their armpits and God only knows where else"
We both turned to each other, and cracked up laughing after he said that. "Who said anything about hairy armpits? You do know that not ALL feminists are like that?" I asked, still giggling in between my words.
David shrugged, "Yeah I know but still- feminists just turn nothing into something. Just be honest, who wants a woman with a forest under her arms? Not me."
I continued laughing, I just couldn't help myself. "This conversation is over" I mumbled, squirming around on the couch. "I'm hungry"
He put his arm around my shoulder, "That's just part of the high-you got the munchies!" He said, with that sly smile planted across his face.
I frowned, "The Munchies?!"
He laughed at me, patting my back nimbly. "Yeah! The munchies, now let's go." He said, with his voice dripping of excitement.
"Where?!?" I asked, looking at him like he was crazy.
"The kitchen! where else?" He looked at me like I was the crazy one.
I didn't say anything, he got up and I followed him.

David's POV

There we were in my kitchen, eating whatever we saw in sight. I watched her stand there, munching on some chips. It was kind of funny the way she ate things, it was like she was a zoo animal, the way her jaw moved. 
"This feels, different-weird." She said, looking up at the ceiling as if she were trying to think of something she didn't know the answer to.
I smiled at her, grabbing a handful of chips as I mumbled "You look weird!"
She flashed her middle finger at me, before stuffing her face with chips. "Shut up, pretty boy! You should know it's not proper etiquette to talk with your mouth full!"
I suddenly became self-conscious. Was I really talking with my mouth full? And if I was, was it that bad?

She was lying, I knew she was. "You know it's pretty funny you're giving me advice on proper etiquette yet you're putting your hands in the chip bag!" I said while looking at her hands and grimacing. "God only knows where your hands have been" I laughed, watching her grow more annoyed with me.
"Shut up! My hands are clean! They're probably cleaner than yours!" She countered, looking up at the ceiling again, thinking about whatever was going on in that little mind of hers. "You touched the weed with your bare hands and it looked pretty dirty to me"
I smirked, she had no idea how to play this game. "You know it's funny that you think my hands are dirtier than yours...I guess you're right though, I did touch your lips so they must be covered in germs now" 
It was obvious she was trying to come up with a come back as she stood there with her arms crossed, rolling her eyes and opening her mouth as if to say something. But not a word escaped from her lips.

Just to annoy her even more, I stuck my hands back inside the bag of chips and rummaged them all around in there like I was a gardener digging up dirt to plant a flower.
The rough texture of  salt and roughly edged potato chips grazed my fingertips. I could feel the oil from the chips all in the palm of my hand as grabbed a bunch and I held them in my now clenched fist.
She looked back at me like she was worried. I guess she could tell by the look on my face. "Don't you dare" she said, looking at the chips clenched in my hands and the smug look on my face.
I swung my hand back and flung it forwards, letting the chips fly out of my hands. Salty, oily, crunchy chips slew out at her and she threw her hands up in surrender. "Stop! Stop it!" She yelped, jumping around before she took cover behind the counter as if it were a barricade.
She reached her hand up to the counter and roved it around until her hand landed in the right spot, the chip bag. Once she had a handful of chips in her hand she flung her wrist at me, weakly and a few chips came out and hit me, not alot though.
"Really? Is that the best that you've got?"  I teased.
Melody got up to face me and she said "Oh, please! I'm not scared of anything."
"Good" I said, throwing more chips at her but when she went to take cover from me she slipped and fell. So much for this porcealin tile being 'safe'.  Even I slipped on it sometimes, it was a pain in the ass but it was pleasing to the eye.
It felt like my heart dropped into my stomach and was burning from all the acid in there. This was all my fault, and now she might be hurt.
I looked around at the now messy kitchen and knew I was in for alot of shit. My legs felt weak as I walked over to Melody, looking at her balled up on the ground. "Are you alright?" I asked, holding my hand out to her. She didn't even look at me, she just laid there and remained silent.
I was beginning to get worried, it reminded me of when I had seen her sister fucked up on those pills that night. They looked nothing alike yet right now they did.
Just as soon as I was about to say anything else she grabbed my hand and pulled me down to the floor. She got me, I didn't think she had it in her.

The floor felt soft, even though I was pretty sure my high was coming down. "Agh! What was that for?!" I asked her, as I turned to her and we both were sitting on the oily and even more shiny porcelain floor beneath us that now also had chip crumbs all over it.
"Because, it was funny! You should've seen the look on your face!" She said, as her face got all wrinkly looking because she was laughing so hard.
   Off into space, she stared and that was how I knew her mind was still somewhere in the clouds, but not that high up in the clouds. She started laughing again, at nothing.
"It wasn't that funny" I said, and she stopped laughing.
Things got silent again and I just  sat there looking at her like a fool. I felt her arm brush up against mine, and in an instant I moved my arm away from hers, scooting all the way up to the chair behind me.
The way I felt about her was wrong and extremely weird. One minute we were kissing and the next minute we were getting high.One minute I was pushing her over the edge and the next minute I was asking her to make a band with me. One minute we were kissing and the next minute we were yelling at eachother.  One minute I was with Casey and the next minute I was thinking about her instead.
I really hated it, feeling this way, thinking this way, and doing these problematic and awkward things but it was like I couldn't stop myself. I knew I needed to stop eventually but, I wasn't ready to stop right now.

I slid closer to her, still remaining on the floor. Time felt like tiny sand grains blowing around on the beach, being scattered somewhere hard to find. Think, think think, I said to myself. She was sitting there, staring into space- clearly thinking about something. 
Maybe I could tell her how I felt and she wouldn't think it was bizzare even though it really was. Or there was the possibility that she wouldn't even believe me. 
She interrupted my cluttered train of thoughts when she got up off the floor and looked around. The look on her face was reminiscent of an actor in a horror movie, looking around to see where the killer was. "Do you hear that?" She asked, still moving slowly although she was somewhat frozen by her fear.
I got up off the floor, and listened to nothing but silence. "You're over-reacting, I think you're hearing things in your head" I said, looking at her and beginning to wonder if maybe just maybe, she really was crazy?
"Shhh! Do you hear it now?" She asked, looking even more frightened.
"What are you talking about?!" I asked, growing somewhat frustrated because I couldn't hear what she was saying she heard. There was nothing-nothing at all, no sound, no voice. Absolutely nothing! "You need to calm do-" My voice caught in my throat, I actually heard something from outside.
Clunk! A car door was being shut, the sound of heels clacking against the pavement were heard. Click, clack, click, clack. I looked back at Melody, and for some stupid reason I whispered even though I knew who was probably outside. 
"Go in the garage, and don't come out until I come to get you." Without a hesitation or a delay, she darted towards the only average looking door in my house, the garage door.

6 comments:

  1. Melody when she's high seems slightly better than when she's her usual self, but only slightly, LOL.
    Awww, I liked hearing from David's perspective, teenage love is so confusing. XD You think you should be with someone cause they're "a better fit" for you according to high school peers, so it's strange when someone who isn't "your type" somewhat attracts you to them. High school is such a wierd time... I remember it just being a lot about dividing yourself into groups, trying to fit into the groups, and then when you don't, it's like bad for some reason and it makes you feel like an outcast or wierd. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah, she's kind of more relaxed...In a way :) I can't wait until she starts realizing some things but I'm still not sure if she'll ever completely change lol...It's like in her DNA to be so annoying sometimes lol. And yeah, David is very confused and I don't like how he's being all sneaky like that, he kind of deserves a slap for the things he's done lol. Everything is confusing when you're a teenager which is why I don't understand why people get into deep, committed relationships at that age...It's like you're setting yourself up for failure 80% of the time. And you're right about the groups thing, I don't really understand why people do that in high school or just life in general...I guess people feel comfortable being around people that are like them but it's very stupid. I just go with the flow, I don't associate myself with a group even though someone else probably would say I am in a group lol...To be honest I just want to graduate and get the hell out of there. LOL

      I remember when I was in 9th grade and I met this 11th grader from one of my friends. He had this thing where he would touch my hair, my arm etc... There were many times where we would bump into each other around town, I actually found out where he worked lol but one time I saw him at a store and he said we should hang out and blah blah blah...We traded numbers and talked and met up a few times...To make a long story short, he was very very very awkward and soooo weird. He was into sports and all that stuff and everytime he talked about it I was just so bored with him and all he talked about was his stupid wrestling meets.
      He was gorgeous and that's probably the only reason why I was so crazy about him. He ended up cutting his hair the next year and I was turned off by it because that was what I really liked about him which is pretty bad to say but I was very stupid. I wore high heels to school for crying out loud lol (I don't do that anymore)
      But yeah, he was preparing for the marines that year...I went to his graduation and everything and we still talk every now and then but he's just so awkward and weird and he really had no plans for his future other than the marines which I guess is kind of honorable. But yeah, I was soooo dumb back then my life was filled with makeup, clothes, guys, friends, and dumb stuff. Now I'm a lot more focused with my own life and laid back, I wear sweat pants and things like that and I barely have time for makeup lol and I'm always thinking of philosophies and abstract things, and nature...I'm pretty much a hippie lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lol, you'll probably be happy to see who it is :)

      Delete
  3. she always regrettin shit bahahaa! They cute togetha thoooo =] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wonderin who's at the door but she almost busted her ass =D she 2 dammm much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel is an Aries, so she kind of has a tendency to be a little impulsive sometimes, without even realizing her actions until they're done. But yeah she's a lot to handle. :) Who's at the door..... Someone >:D lol.

      Delete