Sunday, February 15, 2015

Chapter 26: With Open Eyes : Part 3/3

***Suggestive/ Mild Sexual Content***

Allyson didn't say anything to me after she had her little moment, she just kept standing there looking out of her window and  I took that as my sign to leave. Talking about her mom made her snap. That little light switch inside of her turned on, I guess we all have our own triggers.
It was about 10:40pm and I was lying on my bed, trying to sleep. I was sure that nothing would work, not even counting sheep. 'Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep' Wait- How does that nursery rhyme go again? My mother always used to sign that silly nursery rhyme to us at night yet I could barely remember it. Jessica was on my mind now, I felt worried for her but I didn't know why.
My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a knock on my bedroom door. "You can come in" I said, rolling over on my side as I sat on the edge of my bed.

Croy entered the room, and I got nervous and heedful as I looked over at him. He had just finished talking to Adrianne, and I was expecting the worst of him right now.

He walked over to me and sat beside me on the edge of the bed, with his pupils wandering all over my room. I thought he was going to say something about the missing tv but instead he looked down at his feet and said "You kids grow up so fast."
I looked at him but he was still looking down. "Really? It doesn't feel like it."
"Oh, yeah?" He laughed. His laughter, comforted me and eased some of the tension in the room. "I guess it never feels that way for kids-"
"I'm not a kid anymore!" I countered.
"See! That's exactly what I mean...You kids are always in a rush to grow up no matter how much we want you to stay young forever"
"Well no one can stay young forever...That's like the universal law of life" I said, trying to be light-hearted.
"Well, that law sucks...Why would someone want to grow old?" He asked, as if it wasn't obvious.
"Because! You get to experience more things in life..For yourself. You grow as a person... You can do more things..." I said, as I stared off into the distance, wondering what that would be like.
"Every person your age says that but they don't realize that there's downsides to growing up too..."
He looked up from the ground and over at me, asking me about David. "So what happened yesterday?"
"Nothing" I said quickly, looking away from him.
"You and David are always at eachothers hip-Doesn't he have a girlfriend anyways?" He asked, raising his eyebrow as he looked at me with full intent.
"Yes, he has a girlfriend...There's nothing going on so it doesn't even matter anyways and we're not attached by the hip...I give him space" I said, nearly questioning myself. Was I really around him all the time?
"Well, people may get other ideas" He stopped talking and reached his hand out towards my face, gently turning face to the side as he kept staring. It took me a while to realize what he was doing, he was looking at my neck that I had forgotten about, it had been 2 days since that mark even existed- surely it had to have been nearly gone by now.
"Hey!" I said snatching my face away from his hand
"I'm just looking! Why are you so scared?!"
"I'm not scared, I just don't understand why you find my poision ivy so interesting"
"Poision ivy spreads all over your entire body, smart ass!" He teased, pushing my arm.
"Maybe I've discovered a new type of poision ivy, this is great we should document this!" I exclaimed, laughing even more before he started giving me that look. It was that 'Get real' kind of look.
"If a guy doesn't have respect for you or your body...He isn't worth your time" He said seriously, looking at me like I was 'one of those girls.' 
"Ugh! I know that! There's nothing going on between us! Don't look at me like I'm one of those girls-because I'm not!" I said loudly, showing my frustration.

"Who said I thought you were 'one of those girls?' Don't jump the gun. And what's up with your attitude...You've been off the wall lately"
"My attitude? I don't know what you're talking about..." 
"You and Adrianne, you and Allyson...All the fighting and unnecessary bickering"
"Well it's not my fault you married the-" I was about to say something hurtful before I caught myself.
"Married the what?" He asked, now curious to know what I was about to say.
"Nothing- it's nothing...It's just hard to get along with someone you barely know" I lied. After what Allyson told me, I really felt bad for what I was going to say before.
"Believe me, I know...I'm still adjusting myself" He laughed at himself and his eyes were wide. "Being married isn't everything it's cracked up to be"

The look on his face said it all, and if Adrianne treated him anything remotely close to how she treated me, I guess I could understand why he felt the way he did.
"Are you guys keeping the baby?" I asked, trying not to be too invasive.
"What's going on between you and David?" He was trying to avoid my quesiton and I didn't appreciate it.
"Nothing! Now tell me if I'm going to have a cousin or not!" I said, excitedly but not because I was actually excited, I just really had to know-to prepare myself in a way.
"You already have one now" He said laughing.
I rolled my eyes at him and pushed him. "Come on! Spill the beans- We're a family, families talk about these kinds of things!"
He was grinning from ear to ear, "Yeah..We're keeping it even though there's increased risks...But life is all about taking risks." He said, almost as if he were sad.
I started thinking about when he said that to me, it was kind of true and maybe he needed to take his own advice sometimes. "Well, I'm happy for you guys and you should stop dwelling on the negative possibilites" 
"You're right, but it's not that easy" He smiled at me. "Just like your situation with David...I'm right but you know it's not easy for you to stop being whatever it is that you guys are" He was clearly confused and to be honest I was too.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "I told you-" 

"I wasn't born yesterday!" He said, with his voice full of wisdom. "Look, me and Adrianne are very different...I definitely don't agree with anything you're doing but I'm not going to get in your business. The least I ask of you is that you respect yourself and don't do anything stupid...When you're ready to talk to me about anything...I'm always here and I will never judge you" He patted me on the back, standing up from the bed.
I got up too, not wanting him to leave. "So that's it you're just going to get up and go to bed?" I asked, trying to stop him. "You're not even going to give me a hug?"
He laughed, "Don't be silly! Come here!" 

His arms wrapped around me and we stood there for a moment, until I realized something. I pulled away from him and looked at him in a weird way. "What?" He asked, with his face reflecting the same expression as mine.
"You know what!" I said. "You didn't tell me about David coming over here at night! He really comes over here looking for me?!" I asked, practically begging for infromation.
"Oh...THAT...Yeah, let's not talk about that" He said, backing up from me and heading towards the door.
I rushed towards him, nearly sprinting "Tell me! Please! I have to know! Why won't you tell me?!" I was too eager. Why couldn't he just confirm it?
All sense of life and exuberance faded from his face, something was wrong but I couldn't tell what exactly was wrong. This was eating me alive, I hated secrets. "Some things are better left unsaid...Some things are better left unknown, Good night Melly" He said, before shutting the door in my face. Even though he shut the door I could tell he was still standing there on the otherside of the door, he was having a moment or perhaps thinking about something. Eventually I saw him walk off and go upstairs, thanks to the window that was right by the door.

The fact that he wouldn't tell me was very confusing. Was he not telling me because he didn't want me to think David was a creep? Or was he not telling me because maybe just maybe...It wasn't even David that was coming over at night?
It still didn't make sense, I mean my bedroom was right by the door. If someone was coming over here at 2am I would hear it, right? Maybe no one was even coming over here in the first place.
My uncle's face didn't make it seem like that-he was hiding something...But what? I didn't understand why he felt like he couldn't tell me.
Curiosity can kill cats but it wasn't going to kill me. Here I was sitting on my bed, dying from not knowing what was going on. There had to be some twist to that saying "curiosity killed the cat"
I was shaking as I picked up my phone and dialed David's number, I had to know. At least if he gave me an honest answer, I could somewhat narrow down the options.
Brrrrrr, brrrrr, brrrrrr- Click!  It was his voice on the phone line but he wasn't saying the words I wanted to hear. "Hey this is David, leave me a message and maybe I'll call you back."  I hung up before I heard the beep.
Just when I thought I was getting somewhere I was shot down. I really didn't want to be pushy or annoying, and he probably was still mad at me but I still decided to text him. My fingers darted across the screen 'Hey, I have to ask you something' I hit the send button and then realized that was a dumb message. 
He was ignoring me and I knew it judging by the way the phone clicked early- he declined my call. That asshole. I texted him again 'Call me...It's important.' 


***
DAVID'S POV
An hour later...

Casey's soft skin was the only thing I felt all over me, she always looked so sexy after she came out of the shower, that was something I loved about her.
Even though we had lost the game tonight, there was still a reason to be excited.
I could feel her lips all over my chest. Her kisses were like seeds and she was like a gardener, moving down further and further dropping each seed on the ground.
I caught a glimpse of her eyes as she looked up at me,  her chin was resting right above my happy trail.

Vrrrrmm Vrrrrm! My phone was vibrating against the table, Casey's head shot up into the air and she looked at me eyed me up and down suspiciously. "What?" I asked.
"Who is that? It's 11 o clock at night...Who could possibly be texting you this late?" She inquired, like a lawyer or some other big official person. The weight of her body shifted as she got up and straddled me, only making me harder than I already was.
"You're asking me? I don't freaking know! Just ignore it..." I said, trying to get her to calm down as I rubbed her legs.
Out of all the years I've been dating her she never really questioned me, most importantly she never looked at my phone. I watched her reach over and grab it and by the time I reacted, trying to take the phone out of her hands it was too late.
She knew the passcode to my phone and it felt like I died once I heard that little clicking noise, signalling that she was now able to intrude my phone. I looked up at her sitting on top of me, just scrolling away at my phone. 
"Hmm, Melody called you and texted you-" She took her eyes off the phone and looked back at me, with her eyebrows raised. I didn't say anything, I didn't want to argue with her. "Why is she texting you and calling you at 11:52 pm DAVID?!" Ugh, everytime she got mad she always felt the need to over pronunciate my name, it was fucking annoying. 
"I don't know! I don't know why she's texting me! Just put the phone down!" I said. She was wasting my time, if she wasn't going to have sex with me then she needed to leave because now she was just making me aggravated.
"No! I'm going to text her- she needs to know that, that's not appropriate!" I reached over, trying to grab the phone from her hands but she only twisted her body away from me and started moving her fingers as she texted away on my phone. She made sure to read her text message out loud "Hey Melody! It's Casey, David's girlfriend I just want you to know that he's busy right now and will talk to you tomorrow okay, bye. Exclamation point and smiley face." 

As soon as she finished saying all that she handed the phone back to me "There" She said as she smiled and  leaned down, kissing my lips "Now where were we?" She asked.
"Get off me" I said, sharply.
"David!" She cried, looking at me like she was sorry. It's too late bitch, I thought to myself as I moved around, causing her to roll over on her side.
"I think you should go" I said quickly, looking away from her as I put my phone on the end table that was on my side of the bed.
"Really? That's how you're going to treat me just because I sent her a fucking text message...What's so special about her? You  Know I told you I saw a strange mark on her ne-"

I wasn't in the mood for this, I could roll over and go to bed for all I cared. "How many times do I have to fucking say it Casey? NOTHING is special about her, she's not even sexy-she looks like a little kid...Why are you so jealous and insecure? You're sitting here acting like a crazy bitch..Going through my phone and texting my friends. It's fucking annoying" 
"I know David I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that"  She looked like a little puppy.
"Yeah whatever, it's fine- you should still leave though, my parents will be home soon"
"David-" She kept going on and on. Why wouldn't she just get up and leave like I asked her to?
"What? I'm not even hard anymore and besides, I'm worn out after all that running around and on top of that I took a shower, you know I get tired after taking shower...I don't have enough energy to even keep up with you"
"You don't have to..." She said, smirking and giggling.
There was no need to ask another question or come up with some excuse. She pushed her arms out towards me, grabbing my arms and pinning me down as she started to straddle me again.
"Tonight, I'll take control" She whispered in my ear, licking my ear lobe, which honeslty made me feel somewhat disgusted.
Despite how tired and pissed off I was, we hadn't had sex in a long time-we were always busy so I figured I would take advantage of this opportunity. She smelled good even though I couldn't exactly describe what she smelled like.
My hands traced along her back, going down further and further until I reached that one big bump on a straight and narrow road.  
Wap!  I slapped her ass lightly and she giggled, raising herself up so she could flash me that little smile she always gave me- She liked that kind of stuff.
There was no turning back now, we were going to finish what we started.

***
Melody's POV
1am 


I had finally drifted off to sleep despite how stupid, intimidated, and paranoid I felt. 
Vrmmm vrmmm! My phone vibrated in the middle of the night, breaking my sleep. Even though I was tired as shit, my heart was up and running like it hadn't even been sleeping.
My eyes burned like someone poured acid in them as the light from my phone cut through them. New Text message -David: 'What?' I yawned and rubbed my eyes.
Did he seriously have the nerve to send me a one worded text message at 1am in the morning? That wasn't even worth waking up for. I looked up at the text message before the one he had just sent, for like the 5 millionth time. 'Hey Melody! It's Casey. David's girlfriend...I just want you to know that he's busy right now and will talk to you tomorrow okay, bye! :)'
Casey's text message was odd, I tried to decipher whether or not she was being sarcastic or just easy going. 
That jealous feeling arrived when I first read the text message, and it started coming back as I sat here, reading it yet again-wondering what they were doing earlier. I mean it was 11pm when I sent him those texts, what would they be doing at 11pm? I had been too scared to text him back, it was too risky. I wondered why I even texted him in the first place, this was silly.
It felt like an earthquake was going on inside my phone as it vibrated in my hand. New Text message-David: 'So you're just going to read my message and not text back? Nice...Goodnight'
I quickly glanced over at the time he had sent me the message before that one '1:14' I looked up above and saw that is was 1:20, I had spent 6 minutes looking at that foolish text Casey had sent. That little check mark probably popped up on his screen, letting him know I had seen his text but hadn't responded. Who invented those little check marks anyways? Those little pixelated checkmarks only led to fights and drama, hence why I barely watch tv or use the internet or anything tech related-it was advancing the world but destroying the people at the same time.
It was like a race as my fingers moved across the pixelated keyboard. 'Call me'

My hands were vibrating again, I looked at the box that flashed across the screen. New Text message-David: 'Why?' 
Forget it, I was just going to go to bed. I texted him back 'Nevermind. Goodnight' Send.
I laid down on my side, sighing and squinting, in 4 hours I would have to get up, sleep wasn't even a question anymore.
"It's hard to remember how it felt before, Now I found the love of my life, Passes things get more comfortable, Everything is going right"  My phone sang out my ringtone, I loved Gwen Stefani back when she was in her prime and that was one of my favorite songs. Instead of making a song that was full of hate and bitterness towards her ex (Tony Kanal), she made a song about how they could still be friends and respect eachother, it was something I always admired about her.
My fingers slid the white and green telephone button across the screen, answering the call. "Hello?" I said as I turned over on my back, looking up at the ceiling.
"What do you want?" David asked, promptly. Despite his somewhat rude demeanor his smooth voice enraptured me.
"It's late" I said, growing nervous inside.
"Yup." That three lettered word, made all the difference. It was obvious he didn't want to be bothered. Especially the way he popped the 'p' on the end of the word.
I started wondering if maybe I shouldn't have said that because neither of us spoke during that moment. 

Trying to break the ice, and even out the rough edges I asked him, "How was your game?" I know that was probably a bad move considering the fact that he knew I could care less about sports, but it was still worth a try.
"Okay."
"Okay? What does okay mean?! Did you win or lose" I asked, growing impatient with his attitude.
"We lost" He said, almost as if he was proud of it.
"Why do you sound like that?" I asked.
"Like what?"
"Like that- so delighted and proud when you lost"
He laughed, sarcastically. "It's a guy thing-I wouldn't expect you to understand it"
It was like I was staring through a crystal ball as I envisioned him laying down with that smug smile on his face. He could go to bed with that attitude, I was not staying up to deal with it.
"Goodnight, David" I tried to quickly, end the phone call, I had the phone away from my ear but I could still hear him.
"Wait!" He yelled from the other end of the line.

I put my phone back up to my ear, "What?! I'm trying to get some sleep!" I lied.
"If you were trying to get some sleep why did you answer the phone?"
I didn't speak.
"Exactly!"
"Whatever!" I rolled my eyes.
"Shut up and get to the point already, what did you have to ask me?"
"Excuse me?" The pitch of my voice raised a little.
"I SAID GET-TO-THE-" He was talking all loud, slow and exaggerated as if I hadn't heard what he had said before.
I cut him off. "That's enough! I get it David, I don't need your attitude, I've been nothing but nice to you"
He laughed. "You gave me the most disgusting attitude earlier today"
"And?"
AND?!?! What makes you think you deserve to be treated nicely now...? Do you even know what karma is?"
"Of course I know what karma is, I also know that there's a little thing called 'being the better person" I rolled my eyes, I was beginning to think he just liked hearing himself talk.
"Fuck that" He said, laughing his ass off down the other line.

He just kept making me more and more frustrated. "So are you going to keep laughing or can I ask my question?"
"Go ahead, feisty"
I sighed, and I knew he could hear it. "ANYWAYS...Are you the one who keeps coming to my house at night? Were you here last night at 2am?!"
David laughed again, not answering my question.
"ANSWER ME!" 
"I'm sorry but that was just sooo unexpected and-I just-Oh my god...Give me a second" He said, still laughing away.
He finally calmed down and started talking like a normal person. "Okay listen-"
I could smell him, and I could see him. His blue eyes, his brown hair, his tan skin-I didn't even need a picture, my mind was my own camera, taking photographs of David for me. "I'm listening" I said quitely.
"Don't get me wrong, you're a cool person to be around and everything but I wouldn't waste my time coming to your house nearly every night- I have better things to do than hang around on your doorstep...TRUST ME." 
It was like I was an ugly mutant with 8 legs,  8 arms, and 8 heads , walking around the town with drool hanging down the side of my mouth. I could already picture David standing beside me, with a paper bag over his head.
"Hello?" He asked. "Are you still there?"
"Yeah, I'm still here." I said lethargically.
"Oh okay, so why didn't you say anything?" 
"Because, I heard what I needed to hear. There's nothing else for me to say...Goodnight, David" I desperately tried to hold back the hint of sadness in my voice but I knew he could probably tell, especially since I didn't say anything before.
With rapid fire, I took my phone away from my ear and ended the call.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm Melody, you're back to being your annoying self again. LOL. I felt like she said a whole lot of nothing to anyone in this chapter even though she was speaking to them, her uncle, and David. She finally asked him the question she wanted to ask after being pointless for like twenty minutes. *rolls eyes* I definitely felt the teenager vibe throughout your whole chapter, though, it was very well done. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks I really tried to show that when I had her talk about growing up and how "fun" she thinks it will be. But yeah Melody has a reason for the way she acts, I'm still working on how I will reveal it but it's coming....And it will make a whole lot of sense I promise lol :). But as far as her conversation between her and David, I kind of wanted it to be that way. They love being mean to each other and then the next minute they're like obsessed with each other. They have a very odd friendship and they remind me of those people who are in relationships where they're like "screw you" one minute and then "oh baby I love you" the next minute lol. And the way they talk to each other is kind of awkward sometimes...Like Melody doesn't really know what to say to him sometimes, and the question she asked him was super awkward too so I guess that why she kind of held off before she asked him the question...Either way it was still awkward as shell lol.

      Delete
  2. :sigh:

    Well written chapter. I have nothing to add that lateknight hasn't already said. Definitely a believable teenager.... I am probably going to swear off having kids after I finish reading this. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks :)

      Casey better stop asking questions before she gets hurt. :P
      And hmmmm, maybe you will still want kids after you finish reading this... Melody just has issues. I'm almost certain you would be a better parent than Melody's parents or David's parents... :) I guess it depends on the child but... Teenagers are tough to deal with, I'll admit that and I'm only 16 lol. Attitudes, hormones, stress, and life...Not a good mix. x(

      Delete